Sunday, September 15, 2013

"Healthy" Weekend Treat: Paleo Banana Bread

I put healthy in quotes because if you eat the amount of it I did, it ceases to be so! My local grocer had a sale on organic bananas that were overripe, so I figured it was time to flex my long-unused baking muscles. I dabble with eating paleo, and when I saw this recipe I had to try it for myself. I love that it doesn't use lots of complicated nut flours, and I was astounded when it came out as bread-like as it did!

I didn't change the recipe at all from the original, but I thought it'd be nice to repost it in American measurements. Enjoy!

Ingredients
3 VERY ripe bananas
1/2 cup almond butter (peanut butter can be used for a cheaper, non-paleo alternative)
3 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt (be careful with this if your nut butter has salt in it!)
optional: handful of walnuts/raisins (for me, the walnuts were NOT optional!)
coconut oil

Preheat oven to 325 and grease baking pan with coconut oil. Mash bananas and combine with other ingredients. The original recipe says to bake for 35 min, but mine needed a little over 45 min to firm up in the middle. Let cool 10 min. Slather with grass-fed butter or honey and devour! 

No comments:

Post a Comment